Code of Conduct
athenahealth and the More Disruption Please program are committed to creating events for the whole community that encourage growth and learning in the healthcare industry. With this in mind, we’ve created a Code of Conduct to ensure a safe and fun environment for all participants. We expect our participants to treat everyone with respect, be open minded, have a positive attitude, and encourage everyone to participate. Everyone comes from different industries and has different levels of skill, but it’s this diversity of thinking that could bring us the next big breakthrough in health care. Most importantly, harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. athenahealth reserves the right to take action at its sole discretion, including removing Contestants or Participants from the Innovation Challenge hackathon.
- Be open to crazy ideas and thinking outside the box
- Build a well-rounded team with many different perspectives and strengths
- Build a small and nimble team (10 participants maximum)
- Fail fast and pivot quickly
- Tie your solution to a real world problem and a real world story, specifically addressing a pain point for hospitals and/or health systems
- Create/build something (app, prototype, website, business plan, etc.)
- Treat all participants and submissions with respect
- Worry about ownership of projects. 3rd party companies that make their tools/knowledge available for use during the event own their intellectual property (IP), including any projects that incorporate their tools, knowledge, etc. However, you agree not to submit any IP to which you do not have the right to use or which infringes upon the IP rights of others.
- Build a solution that takes on too much or tries to solve too many problems
- Be disrespectful to team members, other teams, judges, or athenahealth staff
- Display offensive behavior, verbal abuse, intimidation, sexual language, sexual imagery, or harass team members, other teams, or staff (athenahealth reserves the right to sanction or expel individuals from the Innovation Challenge to ensure a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling experience for everybody.
- Lose friendships over prize money. athenahealth will be dividing awarded prize money evenly among team members for each submission. Teammates are free to redistribute funds afterwards if they would like.
Other Things to Remember
- Cooperation is expected from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
- athenahealth will not tolerate inappropriate behavior, including but not limited to, offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, or unwelcome attention.
- athenahealth will not take part in, and is not responsible for, any partitioning, designating, or modification of prize money among team members, or for any team dynamics, during or after the Innovation Challenge hackathon.
- 3rd party companies that make their tools/knowledge available for use during the event own their IP; if you create something using a 3rd party’s information, tools, knowledge, etc. (including athena’s) the finished product belongs to the 3rd party unless otherwise specified in the license from that 3rd party.
- Participants may be disqualified or removed from the virtual event for any reason at the sole discretion of athenahealth, including, without limitation, violations of this policy.