- All participants must sign the release of liability and assumption of risk waiver form, available here.
- All participants must be at least 18 years or older (before the final submission date) to participate and must sign the waiver form provided.
- All participants, through submission, agree to the rules as outlined in the "Code of Conduct”.
- All submissions must be submitted no later than 11:45pm EST on April 1, 2016 and meet all of the “Submission Requirements” in order to be considered.
For a submission to be eligible, participants must submit their software solution, prototype, and/or business plan via the Devpost platform no later than the date specified in the “Eligibility Requirements”. All submissions must contain the following information, items, and content to be considered eligible:
Please attach a single ZIP file containing:
- A PDF presentation, no longer than ten (10) slides. The presentation should address all of the “Presentation Requirements”, outlined below.
- If applicable, a PDF of step-by-step instructions including, the minimum operating system or web browser version required for testing AND one of the following (x) a link to a website or app store where the software application can be accessed or downloaded free of charge with login instructions, if login is required, or (y) an installation file containing the software application. Please note that while a working software solution is not required, judges typically give higher consideration to those submissions with a demo-ready product or prototype.
- A PDF document that includes the following:
- A name for the technology.
- A brief description of the technology’s functionality and use case(s).
- If applicable, a link to a video posted on YouTube.com or Vimeo.com that clearly demonstrates the technology’s functionality and feature(s). Please note that while a working software solution is not required, judges typically give higher consideration to those submissions with a demo-ready product or prototype.
- The full name, phone number, email address, and physical address of an individual who will serve as the “Submission Representative”. Please note all communication between athenahealth and each submission will be through the designated Submission Representative.
- Confirmation that if your submission is awarded the “Grand Prize”, two team members will be able to participate in the athenahealth headquarters visit.
- Confirmation that you have read and agree to be bound by the “Code of Conduct”.
- Confirmation that all team members have read and signed the wavier form, accessible here.
Your PDF presentation should address each of the questions outlined below, and must be no longer than ten (10) slides.
What is the potential impact of the solution, in terms of both scope and scale, on the hospital market?
What differentiates your technology from competitors? How effective is the solution in utilizing technology to solve the proposed problem?
How will you commercialize the technology? For this question, participants may want to comment on their business plan for the software solution (marketing, scaling, pricing).
What makes this team the right team to solve this problem and bring the solution to market? For this question, participants should provide a brief overview of the academic and professional backgrounds of each member/employee.